Thursday, May 3, 2018

Goodbye Thunder Bay




I loved living in Thunder Bay for the 5 1/2 years I was here.  I had great neighbours, amazing friends, awesome teammates and fantastic coworkers.  I learned to mountain bike in shuniah mines, I hiked along Lake Superior, I biked through the multi use city trails and I looked across to the sleeping giant every morning on my way to work.  There were such memorable performances at the auditorium and an incredible weekend at the marina for Blues Festival.  The restaurant scene is terrific and who doesn't love the farmer's market. There is a community here that is really trying to help inspire people to change their behaviours with respect to the damage we are doing to the planet - they certainly inspired me.

Good bye Thunder Bay.  I may be going on an incredible adventure but I am already homesick for you.

**T-shirt above is made by Ungalli - a local Thunder Bay company which sells clothing made in Canada from recycled and organic cotton.  Boom!


1 comment:

  1. Aw....What a great blog!!! Does this mean I need to upgrade my Lite Phone II to a "Smarter" "Feed-Friendly" Phone!?!? LOL! Proud of you Guys, it's such big deal to change modes, at ANY stage in life! Plans to visit the Island? I wonder, when you return home. Will you be able to "re-enter"!?!?!? : ) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete